On the topic of being stupid busy...
- Boss is out of town, which used to mean slacker heaven, but now means a chance to get work done on my other, "real" job. Schedules and meetings and paperwork, oh my! On the upside: totally wearing sneakers. I dare you to fire me.
- Uncle Bypass (which I hereafter will not be calling him, he will be pleased to note, like, when he can stand) is recovering nicely. Well, as nicely as one can after a rib-spreader* is employed.
- Dann has suffered an injury (also recovering, but understandably disheartened), and as a result I will be running the marathon as an army of one. I haven't decided if I'll bring my iPod or not; I'm less bothered by the actual race day as I am the two remaining long runs--18 and 20 miles, respectively. Yesterday's 8-miler was encouraging, but I am weary. Because....
- My dog, Molly--who will eventually get a post of her own when I have some kind of bookend to the story--is having surgery next week. Apparently her cancer is localized (we think) and removing her leg should (probably) get rid of the cancer completely (unless it doesn't). Odds like that will make running twenty miles less appealing than, say, injecting vodka directly into my eyeball.Also, I woke up with a headache that made me sure I was having a stroke. It's either allergies, a cold, or I am clenching my teeth like I'm having an arrow pulled out of me. That extra $50 in my cheking account is looking like some time on a heated massage table.
* I have palpitations just employing the term; that's why I run like a wee smacky hamster.